Web log archive.
June 01, 2005On-Demand Phisher Nuking
How cool is this:
- Receive a phishing mail with a link to a customer account at a Web hosting firm.
- Confirm (safely) that the URL is still active (or that the phisher didn't screw up the link).
- Use the firm's live chat support feature asking for the best way to report a phishing customer.
- Support rep asks for the URL.
- 30 seconds later he asks me to try the URL.
- URL is dead.
And the winner is: addr.com. Kudos and huzzah!Posted on June 01, 2005 at 11:58 PM