August 18, 2008Back to News (Sorta)
Malware lures continue unabated, arriving as bogus e-card announcements, supermarket tabloid spam, and, today, largely idiotic and not very clever "Weekly top news," as the Subject: lines read (yesterday, the line was "BREAKING new"). Message bodies contain a couple of sentences, a link to a hijacked web site, where the crooks have planted the index1.html file in the root web directory, and a further lure: "Read All (nn) breaking news and nn shocking videos," where "nn" are numbers that vary with each message.
Some of these "hot" news items are dull; others stupid. Here are some samples for your entertainment:
- Windows 7 details to be released — Technical information about the successor to Windows Vista will be revealed at two October conferences, says Microsoft.
- Madonna and Angelina Jolie in adoption war related lesbian romp! — Race to adopt as much of Africa as they can.
- George Bush Pardons Lindsay Lohan — President George W. Bush presided over Lindsay Lohan's trial and gave her a full pardon, but left the fine intact.
- Hundreds Flock to View Image of Jesus in Vomit Puddle — Hundreds of faithful Christians have lined up around the block of a bar in Long Beach, California to pray before an image in a puddle of vomit they believe represents Jesus Christ.
- Aliens Are Gay Says Astronaut — Former Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - claims aliens are gay and that they are responsible for many of the earth's ills including global warming, war, disease and The View.
- Bigcock Discovered In Georgia — After the discovery of Bigfoot in Georgia comes another discovery - Bigcock - a giant of a man in more ways than one and a beast that certainly needs taming.
Two words: Ree diculous.
And yet, there will be enough bored or curious PC users out there to make this campaign successful enough in its desire to enroll new PCs into a botnet.Posted on August 18, 2008 at 11:42 AM